Search Issue Tracker
[Improved prefabs] Joint prefab loses all data when its prefab is deleted from the project
A joint prefab which is applied as an override to another prefab loses all data when its prefab is deleted from the project. Refer the attached video.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project
2) Create an empty gameObject > Create a prefab out of it. Call it prefab 'A'.
3) Create an empty gameObject > Add component Character Joint > Create a prefab of this gameObject. Call this prefab 'B'.
4) Add B as a child of A > Apply override.
5) Duplicate prefab B
6) Delete prefab B from the project
Actual result: Prefab B which was overridden loses all data in hierarchy and creates an empty child gameObject as well.
Expected result: Prefab loses instance in hierarchy as it's been deleted from the project.
Occurs on: 2019.3.0a4, 2019.3.0a1
Not reproducible on: 2019.2.0b4
Environment: Both Windows and Mac
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Terrain inspector is proposing a shader which isn't there
- Warnings are missing when compiling for certain platforms (opengl)
- Scaling problem with PanelSetting set to ScaleWithScreen/Expand
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- IL2CPP: Nested Try-Catch and Throw statement results in incorrect behaviour