Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Improved prefabs] ArgumentNullException errors are thrown on selecting 'static-dropdown' in overrides window
On selecting static-dropdown in overrides window, 'ArgumentNullException' and 'NullReferenceException' errors thrown in console. Refer attached video and StackTrace.
Regression introduced in PR https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/113183/_/editor/replaceStaticAndLayerFieldsWithCustomDropdowns
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create two empty GameObjects "A" and "B" > Drag drop-in project to make prefabs
3. Make B a child of A.
4. Select A > In Override window select B > Open static-dropdown
ArgumentNullException errors are thrown on selecting static-dropdown in overrides window.
No errors in the console and static-dropdown should open gracefully.
Occuring in :
Working fine in:
2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.0b14, 2020.1.12f1, 2019.4.14f1
Windows10, macOS 10.15 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use