Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Improved prefabs] ArgumentNullException errors are thrown on selecting 'static-dropdown' in overrides window
On selecting static-dropdown in overrides window, 'ArgumentNullException' and 'NullReferenceException' errors thrown in console. Refer attached video and StackTrace.
Regression introduced in PR https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/113183/_/editor/replaceStaticAndLayerFieldsWithCustomDropdowns
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create two empty GameObjects "A" and "B" > Drag drop-in project to make prefabs
3. Make B a child of A.
4. Select A > In Override window select B > Open static-dropdown
ArgumentNullException errors are thrown on selecting static-dropdown in overrides window.
No errors in the console and static-dropdown should open gracefully.
Occuring in :
Working fine in:
2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.0b14, 2020.1.12f1, 2019.4.14f1
Windows10, macOS 10.15 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- [Vulkan] Release memory after deleting image
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Crash on internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData when entering Play Mode