Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[ComputeBuffer] Improve error messaging on ComputeBuffer constructor usage
Trying to create a new ComputeBuffer from code with
ComputeBuffer c = new ComputeBuffer (5, 5);
I get these errors printed to the Console:
"DestroyBuffer can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function."
None if this is very helpful and the documentation for ComputeBuffer doesn't give any details on this either.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- In the Editor terrain is not rendered correctly when "Draw Instanced" on custom shader is enabled
- There is a refresh prompt even when there are no new Cloud projects available when Unity Hub is opened
- EditorSceneManager.sceneOpened and EditorSceneManager.sceneOpening events are not called when the scene is reloaded
- SkinnedMeshRenderer not rendering correctly in 2019.1 after altering mesh in Play Mode
- [Blocks] Position (Circle) does not take the Center Z value into account