Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[ComputeBuffer] Improve error messaging on ComputeBuffer constructor usage
Trying to create a new ComputeBuffer from code with
ComputeBuffer c = new ComputeBuffer (5, 5);
I get these errors printed to the Console:
"DestroyBuffer can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function."
None if this is very helpful and the documentation for ComputeBuffer doesn't give any details on this either.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules