Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[ComputeBuffer] Improve error messaging on ComputeBuffer constructor usage
Trying to create a new ComputeBuffer from code with
ComputeBuffer c = new ComputeBuffer (5, 5);
I get these errors printed to the Console:
"DestroyBuffer can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function."
None if this is very helpful and the documentation for ComputeBuffer doesn't give any details on this either.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Two identical HDRP templates are shown in new project creation when selecting 2019.1.8f1 or 2019.1.7f1 version
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.