Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[ComputeBuffer] Improve error messaging on ComputeBuffer constructor usage
Trying to create a new ComputeBuffer from code with
ComputeBuffer c = new ComputeBuffer (5, 5);
I get these errors printed to the Console:
"DestroyBuffer can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function."
None if this is very helpful and the documentation for ComputeBuffer doesn't give any details on this either.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3