Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.4
Illegal windows characters for file names, used in Player Settings for "Product Name" causes issues
In "Player Settings" using "Product Name" with Windows not allowed characters in file name, like \ / : * ? " < > | can cause issues with functions, which requires to create a folder with its product name.
For example: using "Application.persistentDataPath" function returns empty string value if product name is "my:production", because folder can't be created using colon character.
Expected: filter out or replace illegal characters with dashes or underscores.
Reproducible on 5.2, 5.3, 5.4;
1. create new project
2. in "Player Settings" change Product Name to "my:production"
3. create a script with this line: Debug.Log(">>> " + Application.persistentDataPath); and press play. It returns empty string.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules