Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.4
Illegal windows characters for file names, used in Player Settings for "Product Name" causes issues
In "Player Settings" using "Product Name" with Windows not allowed characters in file name, like \ / : * ? " < > | can cause issues with functions, which requires to create a folder with its product name.
For example: using "Application.persistentDataPath" function returns empty string value if product name is "my:production", because folder can't be created using colon character.
Expected: filter out or replace illegal characters with dashes or underscores.
Reproducible on 5.2, 5.3, 5.4;
1. create new project
2. in "Player Settings" change Product Name to "my:production"
3. create a script with this line: Debug.Log(">>> " + Application.persistentDataPath); and press play. It returns empty string.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Graphview] click-drag select on input field that ends outside of the field deselects when left mouse button is released
- Animation and Animator windows have some styling issues
- Some previews needs to be restyled
- PreviewRenderUtility.camera.backgroundColor doesn't have any effect on the preview window
- [Terrain] Camera Preview (when Camera object is selected) does not diplay terrain when Draw Instanced (Regression)