Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.4
Illegal windows characters for file names, used in Player Settings for "Product Name" causes issues
In "Player Settings" using "Product Name" with Windows not allowed characters in file name, like \ / : * ? " < > | can cause issues with functions, which requires to create a folder with its product name.
For example: using "Application.persistentDataPath" function returns empty string value if product name is "my:production", because folder can't be created using colon character.
Expected: filter out or replace illegal characters with dashes or underscores.
Reproducible on 5.2, 5.3, 5.4;
1. create new project
2. in "Player Settings" change Product Name to "my:production"
3. create a script with this line: Debug.Log(">>> " + Application.persistentDataPath); and press play. It returns empty string.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)