Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[IL2CPP] Project Build process fails due GetObjects function
1. Download the attached project "il2cpp_gen_bug.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player and set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
4. Build project on Standalone, iOS or Android
5. Observe that Building process fails with these errors:
L2CPP error for method 'System.Object BugBehaviour::GetObject()' in BugBehaviour.cs:30
Additional information: Sequence contains more than one element
Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/il2cppcore/il2cppcore.dll --convert-to-cpp --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check --development-mode --dotnetprofile="unityjit" --map-file-parser="/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Tools/MapFileParser/MapFileParser" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Analytics.dll" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll" --generatedcppdir="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/il2cppOutput/il2cppOutput"
Exception: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/il2cppcore/il2cppcore.dll did not run properly!
Build completed with a result of 'Succeeded'
- This issue appears on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- If Scripting Backend is set on Mono, everything works fine
- On Unity 2018.2 Console even says the Build completed with a result of "Succeeded", but no files are actually written - the destination project folder is empty
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.14f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.15f1, 2018.3.0b9 and 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "The name 'Unwrapping' does not exist in the current context" is thrown when using Unwrapping.GeneratePerTriangleUV in the Build
- The "Add Component" context menu root level has a parent when is reopened after selecting a Component
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates