Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
[IL2CPP] Project Build process fails due GetObjects function
1. Download the attached project "il2cpp_gen_bug.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player and set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
4. Build project on Standalone, iOS or Android
5. Observe that Building process fails with these errors:
L2CPP error for method 'System.Object BugBehaviour::GetObject()' in BugBehaviour.cs:30
Additional information: Sequence contains more than one element
Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/il2cppcore/il2cppcore.dll --convert-to-cpp --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check --development-mode --dotnetprofile="unityjit" --map-file-parser="/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Tools/MapFileParser/MapFileParser" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Analytics.dll" --assembly="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll" --generatedcppdir="/Volumes/livsey-external/projects/il2cpp_gen_bug/Temp/il2cppOutput/il2cppOutput"
Exception: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/il2cppcore/il2cppcore.dll did not run properly!
Build completed with a result of 'Succeeded'
- This issue appears on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- If Scripting Backend is set on Mono, everything works fine
- On Unity 2018.2 Console even says the Build completed with a result of "Succeeded", but no files are actually written - the destination project folder is empty
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.14f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.15f1, 2018.3.0b9 and 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets