Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[IL2CPP][macOS] IL2CPP fails to link debug symbols when build name has spaces
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Go to File > Build Settings > Player Settings
3. Go to Other Settings > Configuration and change Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
4. Build the project with a name that includes spaces
Expected result: build completes without errors
Actual result: build completes with the "fails to link debug symbols" error
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.8f1, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.3.0a7
- Could not reproduce in versions 2018.3.0b6 and 2019.1.0a4 and earlier as building failed due to unrelated error.
- Reproducible only on Mac.
- Couldn't test on 2017.4 as IL2CPP is unavailable.
Apr 07, 2022 14:44
I am seeing this exact issue in 2020.3.31f1, while building for Linux, IL2CPP fails to link if the build name has a space in it.
Mar 15, 2020 18:00
Seeing this issue in 2019.3.5f1.
Feb 08, 2020 18:20
I just started getting this problem on a project that used to work. The difference is I added In-App purchase.
Sep 28, 2019 16:51
Still occurs in 2019.2.3f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
- Physics.SphereCastNonAlloc is slow when the results array is large
- Colors of GameObject are changed and the background color is green when disabling the “Intensity” of “Bloom” in “Global Volume” GameObject and enabling the “Allow Dynamic Resolution” setting in Camera
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.15f1