Search Issue Tracker
[IL2CPP,iOS] CPU time taken Debug.Log depends on call stack depth
1. Attach the script 'DebugLogTest.cs' to any gameobject (uncomment BeginSample/EndSample).
2. Run and connect the profiler.
3. Observe that Debug.Log calls become increasingly more expensive when they are called recursively. Something similar is also noticeable on mono backed, but the increase is much smaller.
Tested on iPad Mini 2 (iOS 8.4) :
cpu time/recursion level
Not reproducible in editor - all Debug.Log calls take more or less the same independent from depth
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar