Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2018.2, 2018.3
[IL2CPP] Async operation causes NullReferenceException in the Build when Scripting Backend is IL2CPP
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Make sure that the Scripting Backend is set to IL2CPP
3. Build the project
4. In the Visual Studio, select "Debug/ Attach Unity Debugger"
5. Launch the Build
6. Select it in the "Select Unity Instance" window
7. Hit "Play!" in the Build
Expected result: NullReferenceException is not caused (just like when Mono is set as a Scripting Backend)
Actual result: NullReferenceException is caused.
Reproducible with - 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.6f1, 2018.3.0a11
Note: Not tested on versions prior 2018.1, since support for IL2CPP scripting backend for Windows Standalone was not yet introduced.
Fixed in 2019.1.0a3
Backported to 2018.2.11f1, 2018.3.0b3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot inspect IntPtr variables in C# debugger
- Using GUIStyle.fixedHeight to set the Height of EditorGUILayout.TextField or PasswordField does not update the Interactable Area
- [Linux] AudioClip generated by an external process (LMMS) and loaded into the editor has no samples
- [Hub][Mac] "Create" button in Project creation window does not gray out when selecting root folder of Read-Only external storage
- Private OnSceneGUI method is not called when using a base Editor type with the attribute editorForChildClasses