Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Hitting the upper bound of Detail Meshes causes previously placed Detail Meshes to dissappear
The observed behavior isn't completely clear, when painting an absurd amount of Detail Meshes onto a Unity Terrain object it appears the Detail Meshes will pool up into a corrugated pattern at the edge of Terrain Tiles. This causes previously painted Detail Meshes on the other side of the Terrain object to disappear.
1. Launch Unity Editor Version: 2020.1.0b9.3653
2. Create a Terrain
3. Create a Prefab of a Sphere
4. Select the Terrain then go to Paint Details
5. Add the Sphere as a detail mesh
6. Without changing any painting settings, paint the sphere onto the Terrain.
Detail Mesh objects that you paint will be placed and then dissappear if it's not placed along the edge/corner of a Terrain Tile.
User would be able to Paint Detail Meshes onto the Terrain object and previously placed Detail Meshes would not disappear.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves