Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Hitting the upper bound of Detail Meshes causes previously placed Detail Meshes to dissappear
The observed behavior isn't completely clear, when painting an absurd amount of Detail Meshes onto a Unity Terrain object it appears the Detail Meshes will pool up into a corrugated pattern at the edge of Terrain Tiles. This causes previously painted Detail Meshes on the other side of the Terrain object to disappear.
1. Launch Unity Editor Version: 2020.1.0b9.3653
2. Create a Terrain
3. Create a Prefab of a Sphere
4. Select the Terrain then go to Paint Details
5. Add the Sphere as a detail mesh
6. Without changing any painting settings, paint the sphere onto the Terrain.
Detail Mesh objects that you paint will be placed and then dissappear if it's not placed along the edge/corner of a Terrain Tile.
User would be able to Paint Detail Meshes onto the Terrain object and previously placed Detail Meshes would not disappear.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU