Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
HingeJoint2D reactionTorque is Zero AND Joint Break Torque does not exceed threshold.
1. Load the attached "case_1384707.zip" and open the "TestHinge2D" scene.
2. Select the "LongBox" GameObject.
3. Observe the "Test Hinge Joint 2D" script ("Torque", "MinTorque" & "MaxTorque" Properties)
4. Observe the "HingeJoint2D" component ("Break Torque" Property)
5. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: Torque is non-zero and likely negative. The minimum torque exceeds the HingeJoint2D Torque Break Limit (1000) which should destroy the HingeJoint2D.
Actual result: Torque is 0 therefore the minimum torque never exceeds the HingeJoint2D Torque Break Limit (1000) so it is not destroyed.
Reproduced in: 2020.3.14f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Not Reproduced in: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
This was caused by upgrading the latest Box2D b2RevoluteJoint (used for the Unity HingeJoint2D) to fix the following case: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/hingjoint2d-overextends-angle-limits-when-motor-speed-values-are-high
Unfortunately this came with a Box2D bug which has now been fixed and applied to Unity. More details on the bug can be found on the Box2D GitHub site here: https://github.com/erincatto/box2d/pull/653
This is now fixed on Unity Version 2022.2.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
This is fixed on Unity Version 2022.1.0b3
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
This is fixed on 2021.2.8f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
This is fixed on Unity Version 2020.3.26f1