Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
HingeJoint2D reactionTorque is Zero AND Joint Break Torque does not exceed threshold.
1. Load the attached "case_1384707.zip" and open the "TestHinge2D" scene.
2. Select the "LongBox" GameObject.
3. Observe the "Test Hinge Joint 2D" script ("Torque", "MinTorque" & "MaxTorque" Properties)
4. Observe the "HingeJoint2D" component ("Break Torque" Property)
5. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: Torque is non-zero and likely negative. The minimum torque exceeds the HingeJoint2D Torque Break Limit (1000) which should destroy the HingeJoint2D.
Actual result: Torque is 0 therefore the minimum torque never exceeds the HingeJoint2D Torque Break Limit (1000) so it is not destroyed.
Reproduced in: 2020.3.14f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Not Reproduced in: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up