Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Hinge Joint 2D Component overextends Angle Limits when Motor Speed value is over 1015
1. Open attached project "case_1339471-PinballFlipper.zip"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Make sure both Game view and Scene view are visible
4. Enter Play Mode
5. In the Hierarchy tab, select GameObject "Flipper"
6. Click anywhere in the Game view
7. Observe Angle Limits Gizmo in Scene view
Expected result: GameObject "Flipper" doesn't overextend Angle Limits
Actual result: GameObject "Flipper" overextends Angle Limits
Reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.27f1, 2020.3.10f1, 2021.1.9f1, 2021.2.0a17
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Updated Box2Ds b2RevoluteJoint which is used by the HingeJoint2D to the latest which has superior angular limit stability: https://github.com/erincatto/box2d/blob/95f74a46c077825478f989df6a81003ca538c2c2/src/dynamics/b2_revolute_joint.cpp