Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
High CPU and GPU load when a material with certain shaders is displayed in the Inspector
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1158089"
2. Select the "Material_V1" and observe the CPU chart in the Profiler Window
3. Select the "Material_V2" and observe the CPU chart in the Profiler Window again
Expected result: Profiler's readout is the same for both materials
Actual result: Seems like Material_V2 is constantly redrawing the scene which is taxing on both CPU and GPU
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a10, 2019.1.5f1, 2019.2.0b5, 2019.3.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.28f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.0a9
Shaders that are affected: Mobile/VertexLit(both versions), Mobile/Unlit, Nature/Terrain/Diffuse
Shaders that are not affected: Standard, Mobile/Bumped Diffuse, Autodesk Interactive
On some versions, the issue stops when a mouse cursor enters the Inspector window(Track_1158089_V2)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project