Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
'Hidden/Preview Transparent' Materials uses additional memory each time when Scripts are reimported with the Profiler open
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open the Profiler window (Window -> Analysis -> Profiler)
3. Change the Profiler Modules so that only the 'Memory' Module is displayed
4. Create a new Script in the Project window
5. Right-click on the newly created Script and select 'Reimport'
6. Switch to 'Detailed' information type in the Profiler instead of 'Simple'
7. In the Profiler window press 'Take Sample Playmode' or 'Take Sample Editor'
8. Expand 'Scene Memory' -> 'Material'
Expected result: 'Hidden/Preview Transparent' did not use any additional memory after reimporting the Script
Actual result: one (2018.4) or three (2019.4+) additional instances of 'Hidden/Preview Transparent'' each used 1.2 KB or 1.1 KB of memory
Reproducible with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.15f1, 2020.1.14f1, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a5
The issue does not occur when reimporting Scripts while the Profiler window is closed since reopening the Editor. If the Profiler is opened and closed, the issue reproduces again
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment