Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
'Hidden/Preview Transparent' Materials uses additional memory each time when Scripts are reimported with the Profiler open
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open the Profiler window (Window -> Analysis -> Profiler)
3. Change the Profiler Modules so that only the 'Memory' Module is displayed
4. Create a new Script in the Project window
5. Right-click on the newly created Script and select 'Reimport'
6. Switch to 'Detailed' information type in the Profiler instead of 'Simple'
7. In the Profiler window press 'Take Sample Playmode' or 'Take Sample Editor'
8. Expand 'Scene Memory' -> 'Material'
Expected result: 'Hidden/Preview Transparent' did not use any additional memory after reimporting the Script
Actual result: one (2018.4) or three (2019.4+) additional instances of 'Hidden/Preview Transparent'' each used 1.2 KB or 1.1 KB of memory
Reproducible with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.15f1, 2020.1.14f1, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a5
The issue does not occur when reimporting Scripts while the Profiler window is closed since reopening the Editor. If the Profiler is opened and closed, the issue reproduces again
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs