Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 13.x.x
Found in [Package]
master 2021 09 27
[HDRP] When decals are placed as child objects, they dont spawn at 0,0,0 coordinates
1) Open any HDRP project
2) Create an empty game object and move it away from 0,0,0 coordinates
3) Right click the object above and add a cube or point light
4) Notice the new object spawns at 0,0,0 local coordinates
5) Now right click parent again and add a decal
6) Notice it ignores the child spawn logic and does not spawn at local 0,0,0 coordinates
Expected: When adding a decal as child object. It should spawn the same way other unity objects do (lights, geometry etc).
Easiest to understand looking at the video. Everything I add spawns in the correct location, except decals.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ‘[…] doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex’’ error when using Gizmos with [MainTexture] attribute
- "undefined symbol: WebView_loadHtml (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)" errors when building a WebGL build
- Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.
- [Windows][Vulkan] Scrambled texture objects are rendered when setting one with Texture2D.UpdateExternalTexture
- NullReferenceException errors appear when using "select half" button