Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] Terrain trees are stuck on Light LayerDefault even when Rendering Layer Mask is set to a different Layer
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "TerrainTreeLayers.zip" project
2. Open the "Outdoors" Scene
3. Select the "Light (Trees)" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Set the "Light Layer" property to "Light LayerDefault" in the Inspector window
5. Observe the Game view
Expected result: Terrain's trees receive light when the Light's "Light Layer" property is set to "Light Layer 6"
Actual result: Terrain's trees only receive light when the Light's "Light Layer" property is set to "Light LayerDefault"
Reproducible with: 7.5.3 (2019.4.23f1), 10.4.0 (2020.3.3f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.1f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0a11)
- Terrain tree Prefab's "Rendering Layer Mask" is set to "Light Layer 6", so there shouldn't be a need to set the Light's "Light Layer" to "Light LayerDefault"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][URP] Sprites are flickering in scene when added into 2D URP project
- Link to documentation for PlayableDirector Component is broken
- [URP] Light culling layers don't work when Graphics API is set to anything except OpenGL
- Error "Resolve of invalid GC handle" is thrown when calling GUI.Window() in the Editor Window after entering the Play Mode
- ShaderGraph Keyword being reset to default when saving