Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] Terrain trees are stuck on Light LayerDefault even when Rendering Layer Mask is set to a different Layer
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "TerrainTreeLayers.zip" project
2. Open the "Outdoors" Scene
3. Select the "Light (Trees)" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Set the "Light Layer" property to "Light LayerDefault" in the Inspector window
5. Observe the Game view
Expected result: Terrain's trees receive light when the Light's "Light Layer" property is set to "Light Layer 6"
Actual result: Terrain's trees only receive light when the Light's "Light Layer" property is set to "Light LayerDefault"
Reproducible with: 7.5.3 (2019.4.23f1), 10.4.0 (2020.3.3f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.1f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0a11)
- Terrain tree Prefab's "Rendering Layer Mask" is set to "Light Layer 6", so there shouldn't be a need to set the Light's "Light Layer" to "Light LayerDefault"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out