Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] Terrain trees are stuck on Light LayerDefault even when Rendering Layer Mask is set to a different Layer
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "TerrainTreeLayers.zip" project
2. Open the "Outdoors" Scene
3. Select the "Light (Trees)" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Set the "Light Layer" property to "Light LayerDefault" in the Inspector window
5. Observe the Game view
Expected result: Terrain's trees receive light when the Light's "Light Layer" property is set to "Light Layer 6"
Actual result: Terrain's trees only receive light when the Light's "Light Layer" property is set to "Light LayerDefault"
Reproducible with: 7.5.3 (2019.4.23f1), 10.4.0 (2020.3.3f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.1f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0a11)
- Terrain tree Prefab's "Rendering Layer Mask" is set to "Light Layer 6", so there shouldn't be a need to set the Light's "Light Layer" to "Light LayerDefault"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Curves Editor crops big values
- Building Unity editor via CI results in "System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path" error
- [Editor] Side panel and graph divider gets stuck when dragged after selecting transition from Any State in Animator Window
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3