Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[Linux] HDRP Project crashes Editor with "(Unknown)" entries in the stacktrace when entering Playmode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user attached project (StarLightLantern.zip)
2. In the Project window go to "Assets > Scenes" and open the "samplescene"
3. Enter and leave Playmode several times until a crash occurs
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b1
Initially this was thought to be reprodubile only on Ubuntu with AMD/Intel cards but this is also reproducible on Windows. It also is not specific to AMD/Intel cards - the crash may or may not happen depending on how command pools are reused, and the crash is more likely to occur on GPUs that have a smaller amount of RAM.
May 05, 2021 15:39
I can no longer reproduce this issue on Unity 2021.1.5f1
(GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT, driver: Mesa 21.0.3, OS: Fedora 34)
Mar 16, 2021 12:53
Had the same bug with Unity 2019.4.18f1 and 2020.2.5.f1 to 2020.2.7.f1 on Linux Mint 20.1. Graphics Card is Radeon RX 570. Also what's weird is that the crashes occur far more often with a new/custom scene then with the standard sample scene in all versions i tested. If i modify the sample scene and enter playmode several times, it crashes mosty after the 4th time entering/leaving Playmode, sometimes not even then. With a new scene, Unity most of the time crashes after the first time entering or leaving Playmode, even if there is just 1 cube in the scene.
Nov 01, 2020 14:47
I reproduced this bug with 2020.1.10f1 on Ubuntu 20.04 and Manjaro 20.1.2 using a Radeon RX 5700 XT.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a21
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in version 2021.1.16f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.18f1