Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[HDRP] NullReferenceException in UnityEditor.PreferencesProvider.WriteRecentAppsList after clicking Clean GI Cache button
Steps to repro:
1. Create the new HDRP project and open SampleScene;
2. In the Preferences window (Edit>Preferences) go to GI Cache tab;
3. Click Clean Cache button.
GI cache is cleared without errors in the Console.
"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PreferencesProvider.WriteRecentAppsList (System.String paths, System.String path, System.String prefsKey) (at <ca192453d8394227952a14f40675979e>:0)"
is shown. See attached video.
- Reproducible in 2021.2.0b1, 2021.2.0a19;
- Not reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a18, 2021.1.13f1;
- Reproducible on Windows;
- Reproducible in HDRP; could not repro in built-in RP and URP.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project