Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] MissingReferenceException is thrown when Volume is destroyed after its Layer is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project and VolumeBugReproducible scene
2. Enter the Play mode and observe the Console window
Expected result: there are no errors
Actual result: multiple MissingReferenceException errors appear
Reproducible with: 10.5.1 (2020.3.14f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.15f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a2)
Could not test with: 2019.4 ('VolumeManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetVolumes')
Error that appears:
"MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Volume' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states
- Cannot archive build for iOS using Xcode 13.3 when the project is built on a Windows machine