Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] MissingReferenceException is thrown when Volume is destroyed after its Layer is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project and VolumeBugReproducible scene
2. Enter the Play mode and observe the Console window
Expected result: there are no errors
Actual result: multiple MissingReferenceException errors appear
Reproducible with: 10.5.1 (2020.3.14f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.15f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a2)
Could not test with: 2019.4 ('VolumeManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetVolumes')
Error that appears:
"MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Volume' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first