Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] MissingReferenceException is thrown when Volume is destroyed after its Layer is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project and VolumeBugReproducible scene
2. Enter the Play mode and observe the Console window
Expected result: there are no errors
Actual result: multiple MissingReferenceException errors appear
Reproducible with: 10.5.1 (2020.3.14f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.15f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a2)
Could not test with: 2019.4 ('VolumeManager' does not contain a definition for 'GetVolumes')
Error that appears:
"MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Volume' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- AccessToken expiring and not being refreshed
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Video] "WindowsVideoMedia error unhandled Color Standard" warning when importing various video formats