Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal] Volumetric fog is clipped by shadow distance
Steps to reproduce:
- Open "OutdoorsScene" in the attached project
- Look at the rendering
- Change the shadow max distance in the "Sky and Fog Volume"
- Disable the Sun shadows
Expected : The rendering of the volumetric fog should not be affected by the cascade shadow distance.
It seems to be only due to the cascade shadows. If you place a point light in the scene and disable the sun shadows, the fog if fully visible and the light is affecting it properly outside of the shadow distance range.
- Unity trunk & HDRP master branch
- Unity 2021.2.4f1
- Unity 2020.3.22f1 & HDRP 10.7.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window