Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][Metal] Volumetric fog is clipped by shadow distance
Steps to reproduce:
- Open "OutdoorsScene" in the attached project
- Look at the rendering
- Change the shadow max distance in the "Sky and Fog Volume"
- Disable the Sun shadows
Expected : The rendering of the volumetric fog should not be affected by the cascade shadow distance.
It seems to be only due to the cascade shadows. If you place a point light in the scene and disable the sun shadows, the fog if fully visible and the light is affecting it properly outside of the shadow distance range.
- Unity trunk & HDRP master branch
- Unity 2021.2.4f1
- Unity 2020.3.22f1 & HDRP 10.7.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] "SSL handshake Failed" In Bug Reporter after clicking "Send"
- High polling rate mice are causing performance issues
- [WebGL] Bad performance when playing in Safari
- Resolution is reset when the Player is restarted
- [Android] Object movement stutters on Android even with constant Time.deltaTime