Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 6.6.0
Found in [Package]
[HDRP][3.9.0-preview] Light Brightness animation in timeline works in editor but not in player.
1. What happened
HDRP Light brighness is being animated correctly in editor but not when played in player.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1 - Add a Light in a scene
2 - Create a timeline that references this light in an animation track
3- Go into record mode and add keys for the brighness using the inspector, make brighness vary.
4- Play in Editor: Light is animated correctly
5- Make a build of a player (ex: PC), then play: Light does not animate.
The timeline seems to access the member displayLightIntensity which does not update the light component, the correct use was to use the accessor intensity which performs the light update. (btw this stored value is part of a set of members that should be private serialized instead of public)
There seems to be a workaround to force the update of the light but it is enclosed in #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR so this behavior seems expectted, yet wrong.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline