Search Issue Tracker
Textures turn black in Play mode when QualitySettings.masterTextureLimit is set to 1
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project (MasterTextureLimitRepro.zip)
2. Open the SampleScene in the Scene folder
3. Enter play mode
4. Observe that the screen is red (which is expected)
5. Press X
Expected result: the resolution of the textures should drop down slightly (and they should return to the original quality when the key is released)
Actual result: textures turn black
Reproducible with: 2018.4.10f1 (4.0.0, 4.10.0), 2019.2.8f1 (6.9.0, 6.9.1), 2019.3.0b5, 2020.1.0a7 (7.0.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2)
Could not test with: 2017.4.32f1 (HD-RP template not available)
Note: reproduces on Built-in as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build