Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Handles.DoPositionHandle throw NullReferenceException on DoPlanarHandle when called from editor window GUI
1. Open attached project.
2. Execute menu item: BUG/Open Editor Window
3. Press anywhere on newly opened custom editor window.
Expected result: No error.
Actual: Null reference exception in DoPlanarHandle:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Handles.DoPlanarHandle (PlaneHandle planeID, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation, Single handleSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorHandles/PositionHandle.cs:147)
UnityEditor.Handles.DoPositionHandle_Internal (Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorHandles/PositionHandle.cs:90)
UnityEditor.Handles.DoPositionHandle (Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorHandles/PositionHandle.cs:61)
Notes: The handle is actually drawn when you pass camera to it. I know it's not quite intended usage of this function, but other Handle methods seem to work and render fine on editor windows. If DoPositionHandle should not work, maybe we should throw InvalidOperationException with message which describes that this should not be used in editor windows.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0.b5, 5.5.0p1, 5.4.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Collab: revisions?include=changes call is uncompressed and can get really large (4+ megabytes
- Typing Asian characters inside an InputField then changing its text throught the Inspector freezes the InputField
- Scene is set dirty immediately after opening it
- [iOS] Black screen using procedural texture
- Copying from one timeline, pasting to another, and then deleting the first timeline also deletes pasted content in the second