Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Handles.DoPositionHandle throw NullReferenceException on DoPlanarHandle when called from editor window GUI
1. Open attached project.
2. Execute menu item: BUG/Open Editor Window
3. Press anywhere on newly opened custom editor window.
Expected result: No error.
Actual: Null reference exception in DoPlanarHandle:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Handles.DoPlanarHandle (PlaneHandle planeID, Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation, Single handleSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorHandles/PositionHandle.cs:147)
UnityEditor.Handles.DoPositionHandle_Internal (Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorHandles/PositionHandle.cs:90)
UnityEditor.Handles.DoPositionHandle (Vector3 position, Quaternion rotation) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorHandles/PositionHandle.cs:61)
Notes: The handle is actually drawn when you pass camera to it. I know it's not quite intended usage of this function, but other Handle methods seem to work and render fine on editor windows. If DoPositionHandle should not work, maybe we should throw InvalidOperationException with message which describes that this should not be used in editor windows.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0.b5, 5.5.0p1, 5.4.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version