Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.X, 2018.4.X
Won't Fix in 2017.1.X
[Android][Gradle][Asset Bundles][AAB] Loading Asset Bundles takes a lot more time with AAB compared to APK builds
1. Open the ZIP project
2. "Build Settings..." -> enable "Build App bundle (Google Play)"
3. "Window" -> "Build Player" -> "Build Player"
4. Once the build finishes and the .aab file is created open the CMD window
5. "java -jar ./bundletool-all-0.10.2.jar build-apks --connected-device --bundle "File/Path/To/.AAB" --output out.apks --adb ~/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb"
6.1. On Mac: Write "unzip out.apks -f ./out" in the Console
6.2. On PC: change the extension of the ".apks" file to ".zip" and extract the "base-master.apk" and "base-armeabi_v7a.apk" files
7. "~/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb install-multiple base-armeabi_v7a.apk base-master.apk"
8. Launch the App
Expected Result: Initial App loading time should not be greater than 10 Seconds
Actual Result: Initial App loading time is very long, can look like a freeze but with the sound on
Reproduced with: 2018.4.0f1
The issue was fixed for .apk files but appeared on .aab files
VLNQA00268, Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 9820, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00257, Sony Xperia XZ Premium (G8141), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00230, Oneplus OnePlus6T (ONEPLUS A6013), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00096, Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Octa 8895, GPU: Mali-G71
VLNQA00281, Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970U), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00109, Xiaomi MI NOTE Pro (MI NOTE Pro), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 810 MSM8994, GPU: Adreno (TM) 430
VLNQA00093, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925F), Android 7.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7420, GPU: Mali-T760
VLNQA00216, Razer Phone 2 (Phone 2), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Light Probe Group cells are always rendered at (0,0,0)
- Color32 Picker Context Menu will always display in the left corner regardless of where the mouse click is positioned
- Reflection probes must be rebaked twice to update when using "Generate Lighting" button
- [Linux] Can't drag tabs across window boundaries from one container window to another
- Baked cookies are offset between GPU and CPU lightmapper