Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[GPUInstancing] Instanced objects are drawn through CommandBuffer when 'Enable Instancing' checkbox is unchecked
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'Main' scene;
2. Notice that there is 'Rock Spawner' gameobject that spawns instanced objects to the scene when launching. The shader for spawned object's material has explicitly disabled instancing flag.;
2. Launch the project.
- Instanced objects are not rendered;
- 'Material needs to enable instancing for use with DrawMeshInstanced' exception should be shown in the console.
- Objects are rendered;
- No error is shown in the console.
See attached video.
- The bug creates inconsistency within different types of DrawMeshInstanced API in terms of new instancing enabled workflow;
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0a6, 5.6.0f3;
- Reproducible on Windows 10 and OSX 10.12.3;
- Couldn't test in 5.5 since new instancing workflow was introduced in 5.6.0.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window
- UI Details profiler does not display any information when selected and throws exceptions when UI module is disabled
- [UWP] ContentDialog box doesn't disable apps interactivity