Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[GPU PLM] Fallback to CPU PLM after toggling baked light state during the bake
Steps to repro:
1. Download the attached project "SponzaLWRP" and open "Sponza" scene;
2. Drag 'SponzaLightingDay' scene from the Project folder to the Hierarchy;
3. In the Hierarchy double-click on the SponzaLightingDay scene to make it the main scene;
4. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) press Generate Lighting button;
5. Once "Baking..." is shown in the progress bar, wait for the progress bar to go beyond 50%;
6. In the Hierarchy select Directional Light gameobject and disable it;
7. Wait 2-5 seconds and then enable Directional light gameobject again;
8. Repeat steps 6-7 several times.
GPU baking proceeds and doesn't fall back to CPU Lightmapper.
Lightmapper switches to CPU PLM. The following errors are shown in the Console:
"[PathTracer] Convergence job with hash: dd2a59987ff0d75c63061d49e2abdd2c failed with exit code 3"
"OpenCL Error: 'clGetEventInfo(event, CL_EVENT_COMMAND_EXECUTION_STATUS, sizeof(eventExecutionStatus), &eventExecutionStatus, NULL)' returned -9999 (CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR)!
OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR"
"OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Device 0)."
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0. See the attached video.
- Reproducible in 2021.2.0b1, 2021.2.0a21, 2021.2.0a20, 2020.2.0a19;
- Not reproducible in 2021.1.12f1;
- Reproducible on Windows with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti GPU;
- The fallback to CPU PLM doesn't happen when the light type is set to Mixed; only happens when the light type is Baked;
- The issue might not repro consistently. If it doesn't repro, try following:
- Varying the intervals between enabling/disabling the light;
- Re-enabling the light at the reflection probe baking stage (the last stage of baking);
- Setting the lightmap size in the Lighting window to 4096 and following the initial repro steps;
- Restarting Editor and repeating the initial repro steps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block