Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.3
[GPU PLM] Fallback from GPU to CPU lightmapper in CL_PROFILING_INFO_NOT_AVAILABLE when baking with GPU Lightmapper
You'll need the Labs Shadowmask project: https://ono.unity3d.com/test-data/gi-tests/LabsShadowmask
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'TheLabs_Shadowmask' scene;
2. In the Lighting window select 'Progressive GPU' lightmapper;
3. In the Lighting window click on 'Generate Ligthing' button.
Baking on GPU is executed without falling back to CPU Lightmapper or asserts.
Lightmapper backend falls back to CPU Lightmapper. The fallback is accompanied with the following errors:
'OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_PROFILING_INFO_NOT_AVAILABLE'
`Assertion failed on expression: 'IsCLEventCompleted(events->m_StartMarker, isStartEventAnError)'`.
See attached video and actual.png screenshot.
- Reproducible in 2019.1.0a1, 2018.3.0b3, 2018.3.0b2, 2018.3.0b1. ;
- Not reproducible in 2018.3.0a11;
- Reproducible when baking GeForce GTX 1070 and GeForce 640M; not reproducible on GeForce GTX 1080.
- Reproducible on Windows 10;
- Assert in IsCLEventCompleted might not be directly related to the fallback to CPU LM bug;
- The issue also happens in the new project with cubes and planes;
- The bug might not happen every time; if it doesn't try reloading Editor, cleaning GI cache/baked data and rebaking. Additionally, bake several time with changing light settings (Mixed>Baked) and move the viewport while baking.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly
- Backgrounds of Editor windows are changed to a texture when method ImageConversion.LoadImage is called
- OnApplicationQuit method is called before Application.wantsToQuit event is raised
- Lightmapper is slow when using "Always Refresh"