Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[GPU PLM] Editor stalls on closing with various RIF errors after ungraceful fallback to CPU PLM when baking with Radeon denoiser
Steps to repro:
1. Pull Enter The Room project (https://ono.unity3d.com/test-data/gi-tests/EnterTheRoom) and sync to revision a9e374d93cbc2937a50070149fdcabf91eae130d;
2. Open scene 'Sequence 4 One Year Ago-Mixed';
3. In the Lighting window Direct and Indirect Denoiser to Radeon Pro;
4. In the Lighting window enable autobake and let it finish;
5. When the baking completes, in the Hierarchy select Furniture gameobject;
6. Disable Furniture gameobject;
7. Let the automatic GI baking finish;
8. When the baking is completed, enable the Furniture gameobject again (or toggle-untoggle it several times with the interval of several seconds);
9. Attempt to close the Editor.
Editor is closed. GPU baking is smooth, no fallback to CPU PLM and no errors are thrown.
Editor stalls on closing.
- OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: Unknown error executing clFlush on GeForce RTX 2080 (Device 0).
- OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: Unknown error waiting for idle on GeForce RTX 2080 (Device 0).
- Assertion failed on expression: 'RIF_SUCCESS == rifImageMap(resources.inputImage, 0x1, (void**)&imageData)'
- Assertion failed on expression: 'RIF_SUCCESS == rifImageUnmap(resources.inputImage, imageData)'
are shown in the Console.
See attached video.
- Reproducible in Version 2020.2.0b3, 2020.1.6f1;
- Not reproducible in 2019.4, since Radeon Pro denoiser isn't available in that version;
- Reproducible only with the Radeon Denoiser; no reproducible with OIDN or Optix;
- Reproducible on Windows with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible