Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Duplicate in 2020.3.X
[GPU PLM][Denoising] Artifacts after baking GI with certain lighting settings and denoising enabled
Steps to repro:
1. Download the ArchViz Pro vol.6 project (link attached in the comments) and sync to revision `8546d9d7f07d` of the 'DenoisingBug' branch;
2. Open 'AVP6_Desktop' scene;
3. In the Preferences window (Edit>Preferences>GICache tab) click "Clean Cache" button;
4. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) press the arrow button near the Generate Lighting button and select "Clear Baked Data";
5. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
6. Observe the Game View window after the baking is completed.
The scene with baked lighting is rendered smoothly without artifacts.
There are artifacts on the baked geometry's surface. See attached .gif video.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.1.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a17, 2021.1.8f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots, 2020.1.9f1;
- Reproduces unstably (sometimes) in Version 2020.1.8f1;
- Not reproducible in 2020.1.7f1, 2019.4.27f1;
- Reproducible on Windows (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti GPU);
- Reproducible only when baking with GPU Lightmapper; not reproducible when baking with CPU Lightmapper;
- Reproducible when baking GI with Optix or OpenImage denoiser enabled; not reproducible when baking GI with RadeonPro denoiser enabled;
- Not reproducible when denoising is disabled;
- Increasing direct samples to 512 and rebaking GI fixes the issue;
- Artifacts are visible in both Shaded and Baked Lightmap debug Editor visualization modes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Set as first/last sibling is not working when using Menu Bar
- [Hololens 2] GameObjects with an ARAnchor attached are deleted when disabled
- AvatarBuilder.BuildHumanAvatar() is unable to find Transform when entering Play Mode
- Trying to read mesh produces "Reading UV coordinates of mesh "" failed. Only float32 format is supported." error
- Reload Script Assemblies never load when entering debug mode