Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Duplicate in 2020.3.X
[GPU PLM][Denoising] Artifacts after baking GI with certain lighting settings and denoising enabled
Steps to repro:
1. Download the ArchViz Pro vol.6 project (link attached in the comments) and sync to revision `8546d9d7f07d` of the 'DenoisingBug' branch;
2. Open 'AVP6_Desktop' scene;
3. In the Preferences window (Edit>Preferences>GICache tab) click "Clean Cache" button;
4. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) press the arrow button near the Generate Lighting button and select "Clear Baked Data";
5. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
6. Observe the Game View window after the baking is completed.
The scene with baked lighting is rendered smoothly without artifacts.
There are artifacts on the baked geometry's surface. See attached .gif video.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.1.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a17, 2021.1.8f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots, 2020.1.9f1;
- Reproduces unstably (sometimes) in Version 2020.1.8f1;
- Not reproducible in 2020.1.7f1, 2019.4.27f1;
- Reproducible on Windows (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti GPU);
- Reproducible only when baking with GPU Lightmapper; not reproducible when baking with CPU Lightmapper;
- Reproducible when baking GI with Optix or OpenImage denoiser enabled; not reproducible when baking GI with RadeonPro denoiser enabled;
- Not reproducible when denoising is disabled;
- Increasing direct samples to 512 and rebaking GI fixes the issue;
- Artifacts are visible in both Shaded and Baked Lightmap debug Editor visualization modes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 3D Sample Scene (HDRP) template tutorial Welcome Dialog pop-up doesn't appear on project creation
- [Profiler] The Addressable Asset Module module outputs an ArgumentException when asset GUIDs produce a hash collision with Addressables
- Huge amounts of tests have a start delay when pressing "Run All" in the Test Runner
- Blackboard: Double borders around the tooltip
- [WebGL]VideoPlayer Rendering stops when setting FilterMode of a texture downloaded with UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture()