Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
"GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing." is thrown when selecting terrain with "Draw Instanced" enabled on OpenGL API
How to reproduce:
1. Make sure project's Library is deleted
2. Open attached project "TestTerrain.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
3. Make sure that the Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Graphics API is set to OpenGLCore, OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
4. In Hierarchy window, select "Terrain" object
5. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Actual result: "GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing." error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a9, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Apr 09, 2020 16:00
I have been working on a unity project recently. I everything was working fine, I closed down unity, and upon opening it, I have had a "GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)" error. Opening the error file results in an empty file. Do I need to reimport this somehow? how would I go about doing that? (Issue claims to be fixed. I'm running 2019.3.8f1 Personal.