Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
GI Scene Modes Not Fetching Visualization Data After Quitting Play Mode
If the scene visualization mode is changed to any other Global Illumination view mode, then visualization data disappears after entering and quitting the play mode. Even though lighting data asset exists in the project, the lighting needs to be build again to display the visualization data. The bug consistently occurs after 5.3.5p8.
Steps for reproduction:
1) Open the scene 'TestScene'
2) Build the lighting and switch the scene view mode to a different GI visualization mode, i.e. Baked
3) Enter the play mode
4) Quit the play mode
5) Observe the bug
- Only occurs when lighting is built manually. Enabling Auto mode fetches the data after quitting the play mode in the editor.
- Reproduced in 5.3.5p8, 5.3.6f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0b7, 5.5.0b11, 5.6.0a2
- Not possible to reproduce in 5.3.3p3, 5.3.5p6, 5.3.5p7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded