Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
GI overridden by bad values from cache after using meta pass for emission
It appears that global illumination can be overridden by bad values from the cache (either 0s or corrupt). In this case the cache values were created by using a Range shader parameter to control a Vector3 emission value.
1) Open attached project (“GICACHEBUG.zip” at the bottom, NOT the project attached with the initial report)
2) Open scene “UNITY_PASS_META_BAKE_BUG”
3) Clean GI Cache
4) Select object “Capsule” and set material parameter “METPASS Emission” to 0.5
5) Set “Global Illumination” dropdown to “Baked” and wait for bake to finish
6) Set “Global Illumination” dropdown to “None”
7) Open shader “MetaPass” and change line 30 to “fixed _METAPASS_EmissionMultiply;"
8) Save and go back to unity (wait for compile)
9) Set “Global Illumination” dropdown to “Baked” and bbserve how lighting is baked and then disappears
10) Set material parameter “METPASS Emission” to any other value and observe correct lighting
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open