Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
GI overridden by bad values from cache after using meta pass for emission
It appears that global illumination can be overridden by bad values from the cache (either 0s or corrupt). In this case the cache values were created by using a Range shader parameter to control a Vector3 emission value.
1) Open attached project (“GICACHEBUG.zip” at the bottom, NOT the project attached with the initial report)
2) Open scene “UNITY_PASS_META_BAKE_BUG”
3) Clean GI Cache
4) Select object “Capsule” and set material parameter “METPASS Emission” to 0.5
5) Set “Global Illumination” dropdown to “Baked” and wait for bake to finish
6) Set “Global Illumination” dropdown to “None”
7) Open shader “MetaPass” and change line 30 to “fixed _METAPASS_EmissionMultiply;"
8) Save and go back to unity (wait for compile)
9) Set “Global Illumination” dropdown to “Baked” and bbserve how lighting is baked and then disappears
10) Set material parameter “METPASS Emission” to any other value and observe correct lighting
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene