Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Scripting] GetComponentInParent has no override for getting inactive objects
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "GetComponentInParentBug_2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select and expand "Cube1"
3. In Inspector window, make sure that "The Script" component -> "Root Object" is set to "Cube3"
4. In Hierarchy window, make sure that "Cube3" object is deactivated
5. In "TheScript" uncomment line 13
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown, "Cube3" is printed
Actual result: errors "No overload for method" is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler cannot find source files because it is looking at old file locations
- Ghost empty folders are left behind when after calling Refresh, Directory.Move is called
- [OSX] The Scene icon in the Unity Editor's title bar can be dragged and dropped out of the project
- [Metal][Editor] Memory grows continuously until Editor crashes when importing 100k materials
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right