Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[Scripting] GetComponentInParent has no override for getting inactive objects
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "GetComponentInParentBug_2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select and expand "Cube1"
3. In Inspector window, make sure that "The Script" component -> "Root Object" is set to "Cube3"
4. In Hierarchy window, make sure that "Cube3" object is deactivated
5. In "TheScript" uncomment line 13
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown, "Cube3" is printed
Actual result: errors "No overload for method" is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player