Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[Scripting] GetComponentInParent has no override for getting inactive objects
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "GetComponentInParentBug_2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select and expand "Cube1"
3. In Inspector window, make sure that "The Script" component -> "Root Object" is set to "Cube3"
4. In Hierarchy window, make sure that "Cube3" object is deactivated
5. In "TheScript" uncomment line 13
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown, "Cube3" is printed
Actual result: errors "No overload for method" is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Screen.orientation returns Landscape despite it being made obsolete
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment
- Crash on AudioMixer::EnsureValidRuntime when entering Play mode