Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Scripting] GetComponentInParent has no override for getting inactive objects
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "GetComponentInParentBug_2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select and expand "Cube1"
3. In Inspector window, make sure that "The Script" component -> "Root Object" is set to "Cube3"
4. In Hierarchy window, make sure that "Cube3" object is deactivated
5. In "TheScript" uncomment line 13
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown, "Cube3" is printed
Actual result: errors "No overload for method" is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Search Sync sends wrong initial search query
- Perforce integration - Attempting to add a P4Ignore ignored file does nothing
- URP ScriptableObject SerializeField value set to default during the first Import
- Variables use old overridden values on Prefabs when a variable has FormerlySerializedAs attribute
- [GPU PLM] 100% repro crash when baking EnterTheRoom with 4K maps when using system allocator