Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Scripting] GetComponentInParent has no override for getting inactive objects
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "GetComponentInParentBug_2.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, select and expand "Cube1"
3. In Inspector window, make sure that "The Script" component -> "Root Object" is set to "Cube3"
4. In Hierarchy window, make sure that "Cube3" object is deactivated
5. In "TheScript" uncomment line 13
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown, "Cube3" is printed
Actual result: errors "No overload for method" is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor fails to launch with silent crash in mono on windows
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- GL shader reflection is truncated or crash occurs when struct is used from named CBuffer with at least one other constant
- Having a struct in the global CBuffer makes OpenGLCore and GLES3 targets not report reflection for the CBuffer