Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[General][AssetDB][URP] Adding URP to the project causes reimports of many assets and goes into infinite import loops
The same repro project shows two sides of the same problem:
1) URP assets in HDRP cause endless reimporting of shadergraphs and materials (it goes to ShaderGraph people)
2) Asset Database doesn’t correctly detect the infinite loop and break out of it (it goes to Asset Database people and tracked in Case 1378193)
This current case is for issue #1 above.
The attached project has loads of URP-based shaders/materials/shadergraphs in it, and it’s the import of those that causes the infinite importing. The problem is that it’s URP assets coming into HDRP.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the project gha-copy 3.zip (attached in comments)
- Project opens successfully - maybe with errors/warnings in the console
- Project gets stuck in importing.
- The text 'Importing (iteration xxx)' in the progress bar will keep increasing the iteration number into the hundreds and thousands while importing .mat and .shadergraph assets
- Kill the Unity process and attempt to open the project again
Reproduces on: 2021.2.0b18, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a14
Not reproduces: 2020.3.22f1
- please use both stripped and full project for verification (both can be found in the comment)
Note: when Asset Database part of the issue will be fixed (Case 1378193) - the steps to reproduce will be:
1 Open the project
2 Check in the logs for "the infinite import loop detected message" (instead of the infinite loop)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
The issue has been fixed in 2022 versions and was backported in 2021.2.5f1 as well.
If you want to manually fix this on your end, you can grab the diff here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/pull/6185