Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
GameObject with SpringJoint2D component isn't affected by RigidBody2D Mass when Freeze Position X is checked
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("case_1189951-Project.zip")
2. Open the SampleScene in the Scenes folder
3. Enter the Play Mode
Expected result: The platform sinks by colliding with RigidBody2D which has Mass.
Actual result: The platform doesn't move.
Reproduced in: 2019.2.7f2, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.7f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
This issue has nothing whatsoever to do with the SpringJoint2D or any joint related functionality. It's an issue caused by the XY constraints where it incorrectly calculates the scaled contact mass. In short this means that in the case project the contact causes the wrong forces to be calculated.
Fixed in: 2020.1.0a11, 2019.3.0b9, 2019.2.11f1