Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Force applied by area/point effector is multiplied by the number of colliders even when force target is rigidbody
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open scene "AreaEffectorTest"
3. In the scene there are two squares. Left one has four box colliders and right one has one
4. In hierarchy, select "AntiGravityAreaEffector" and notice that Force Target is Rigidbody
5. Run the scene and notice that left one shoots up and the right one does not. This happens because left one had the force of the effector multiplied by the number of colliders it has
- Colliders of the left cube are resized so that their combined surface area would be equal to the surface area of the right one.
- This happens no matter if Rigidbody2D has Auto Mass enabled.
- If we were to set mass of the left square to 4 while keeping mass of the right one equal to 1 then both cubes would be affected in a same way.
- This issue doesn't happen with other effectors - only area and point are bugged
Reproduced with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4f1, 5.4.0b11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Toolkit's MinMaxSlider snaps unexpectedly in Runtime
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect