Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
Force applied by area/point effector is multiplied by the number of colliders even when force target is rigidbody
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open scene "AreaEffectorTest"
3. In the scene there are two squares. Left one has four box colliders and right one has one
4. In hierarchy, select "AntiGravityAreaEffector" and notice that Force Target is Rigidbody
5. Run the scene and notice that left one shoots up and the right one does not. This happens because left one had the force of the effector multiplied by the number of colliders it has
- Colliders of the left cube are resized so that their combined surface area would be equal to the surface area of the right one.
- This happens no matter if Rigidbody2D has Auto Mass enabled.
- If we were to set mass of the left square to 4 while keeping mass of the right one equal to 1 then both cubes would be affected in a same way.
- This issue doesn't happen with other effectors - only area and point are bugged
Reproduced with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4f1, 5.4.0b11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error
- [Android] "AndroidETC2FallbackOverride.Quality32BitDownscaled" does not work on an Atlas created with the Legacy Sprite Packer
- Debug.Log() Context not highlighted when pressed after printing in Test Runner's EditMode