Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2019.1
Planned for 2018.4
[Texture Streaming] FBX model exported with specific measuring units loses texture quality upon scene switching
1. Open users attached project "TextureMipStreamingRepro.zip"
2. Open "LoaderScene.unity" scene and enter Play mode
3. Observe as the loaded models have a very different level of details, the green object is exported from Maja using meter scale
4. Exit Play mode and open "ContentScene.unity" scene
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe as both models have the same level of detail
Expected result: both objects have the same level of detail after the scene is loaded
Actual result: object that was exported from Maja using meter scale is really pixelated
2018.2.0a3 2018.2.0b1 2018.2.0f2 2018.3.0a5
Does not reproduce on:
2017.1.4p2 2017.4.7f1 2018.1.9f1 2018.2.0a2
Tile_CM.fbx is exported from Maja using centimeters scale
Tile_M.fbx is exported from Maja using meters scale
When the scene is loaded from LoaderScene.unity scene observe in the Project window - albedo, normal maps, occlusion maps. The ones that are assigned to Meter exported .fbx file get pixelated.
Also: If you select
Project window > Tile_CM > Tile you can see that Mesh Metrics - 7.109027
Project window > Tile_M > Tile you can see that Mesh Metrics - 71997.6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3