Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
"Failed copying file" error message appears while dragging file from Explorer to the Editor
1. Create a new project
2. Drag file (e.g. scene asset, 3d model, etc. ) from OS (Explorer in case of Windows) to the Editor
Expected results: Asset is imported successfully
Actual results: "Failed copying file" error message appears Asset is not added to the Unity project
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a20, 2020.2.0b4
Workaround: Copy the file into Assets folder manually using OS (Explorer in case of Windows)
Sep 25, 2020 06:03
I've had this issue multiple times, but don't want to downgrade as it doesn't cause some errors. any possible ways to fix this or alternative ways?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
No longer reproduces with - 2020.2.0b4