Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a3
ExternalGraphicsProfiler.h exposes 392 profiler markers to release players without kAvailabilityNonDevelopment flag set
While looking at the profiler stats enumeration issue discovered by user (see https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1376913/) I've found that Apple platforms overrides PROFILER_MARKER globally with PROFILER_MARKER_MASTER pulling the PlatformProfiler.h define in ExternalGraphicsProfiler.h.
That creates few tech debt issues:
1. Profiler markers on OSX/iOS becomes semi-randomly release markers depending on build order and manifest a bug mentioned by a user.
2. The behavior is inconsistent with other platforms where we expose release mode markers explicitly and with documentation.
How to repro:
1. Enable Markers_HaveValidFlagsInDevAndReleasePlayers_OSX test from ProfilerEditorTests (Modules/Profiler/Editor/Tests)
2. Run Markers_HaveValidFlagsInDevAndReleasePlayers_OSX test from ProfilerEditorTests.
Actual Result: Test fails. Error is thrown - e.g. "Marker XR.BlitDepth has 'AvailabilityNonDevelopment' in Non Development Player, but 'Default' in Development Player\! Please keep those consistent". Flags of XR.BlitDepth do not match between dev and release players.
Expected Result: Test succeeds
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lowering Cloud Layer channel opacity beyond a certain threshold results in graphical artifact
- [Android 5.1] Player is stuck on splash screen when opening a specific project
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "GeometryBuffersBase::GetRuntimeMemorySize()" after a couple minutes when the Profiler window is open and recording while in Play Mode
- GameObject children move un-accordingly when moving the parent GameObject in the Scene View
- Tags remove option "-" (minus) is active even tag item isn't selected