Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Extension point for "Revision Control Diff/Merge" which allows to add custom tool (Rider) to diff tools drop down
How to reproduce:
1. Have Rider installed (https://www.jetbrains.com/rider/download/)
2. Create a new Unity project
3. Preferably have "JetBrains Rider Editor" package installed, "Preferences" -> "External Tools" -> "External Script Editor" set to "Rider" (this is probably optional and not needed for the reproduction)
4. In Preferences, open "External Tools" -> "Revision Control Diff/Merge" dropdown
Expected result: "Rider Diff/Merge" tool is shown, selectable and working
Actual result: "Rider Diff/Merge" is not shown, not implemented
Reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.14f1, 2020.1.0b9, 2020.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Implemented in 2021.1.0a1
As this does not provide Rider in the Dropdown directly, this new API allows to use SetCustomDiffTool, that sets Rev Control Diff/Merge fields' values.
JetBrains are working on implementing their dropdown option to the Rider package.