Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.5f1
"ETC1 compressed textures are not supported when publishing to Standalone" error on build after switching platform from Android
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached "tdd-asteroids.zip" Unity project
2. Switch platform from Android to Standalone in Build Settings
3. Build project
Expected results: project builds successfully
Actual results: building fails with error "ETC1 compressed textures are not supported when publishing to Standalone"
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a7, 2019.1.0a5, 2018.3.0b12, 2018.3.0b10, 2018.2.19f1, 2018.2.16f1 (39a4ac3d51f6)
Not reproducible with: 2019.1.0a4, 2018.3.0b9, 2018.2.16f1 (26a3312b6d5d), 2017.4.16f1
Regressed in: 2019.1.0a5, 2018.3.0b10, 2018.2.16f1 (39a4ac3d51f6)
Note: Upgrading project with platform set to Android from 2017.4 to 2019.1 and switching to Standalone platform in editor causes the builds to fail due to this error. Deleting the Library folder fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GLES2] [iOS] UnityGet2DClipping function returns wrong values
- Lightprobes influencing object shading on specific position is not deterministic and causes artefacts
- Poor error message from IL2CPP on Windows Desktop with specific Visual Studio installation sequence
- Color picker dialog does not open when pressing on the Color Node or Color property in the Shader Graph window
- Crash on block_remove when picking color for Sprite Renderer with pipette