Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Errors regarding missing .meta files when installing Build Report Inspector package
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Go to Window -> Package Manager
3. Click on Advanced and tick 'Show preview packages'
4. Install 'Build Report Inspector' package
Expected results: Build Report Inspector installs successfully
Actual results: Errors regarding missing .meta files occur in console
Reproducible with: 2018.4.12f1, 2019.3.0b10, 2020.1.0a12 (Package version preview - 0.1.0)
Not reproducible with 2019.2.0a1, 2019.3.0b9
Could not test with 2019.2.11f1, 2020.1.0a1 due to other errors when installing the package
"A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.build-report-inspector/package-lock.json' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it."
"Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.build-report-inspector/package-lock.json.meta because it's in an immutable folder."
"Asset Packages/com.unity.build-report-inspector/Packages has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored."
"Asset Packages/com.unity.build-report-inspector/Packages/manifest.json has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored."
- The errors re-occur whenever the Editor is updated (for i.e. when creating a new GameObject)
- In versions where the issue is not present, when installing the package, only the first warning appears
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player
- Video won't play at start of scene