Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Error "Sub-emitters must be children..." appears after unmarking Particle system emission and there is more than 3 sub emitters
1. Open unity package attached (20170408_bugreport_incorrect_subemitter_error_message.unitypackage)
2. Open scene "bugreport_incorrect_subemitter_error_message"
3. Press play.
4. Select particle system 1 and turn of emission.
Expected result: Emission stops.
Actual result: Emission stops, but errors "Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" appear.
Note: When all sub emitters are triggered by death, then this error appears due to 3-rd, 4-th... sub emitter.
Reproduced on: 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual artifacts appear when rendering to render texture which uses a specific shader
- Unity crashes when calling GameObject.Destroy() on an "empty" GameObject
- FileNotFoundException exception when there are special characters in the assembly path when calling Activator.CreateInstance
- [VR] Crash w/ Oculus and DX11 on Camera selection
- Editor crashes in FindRelativeTransformWithPath on entering Play mode, when two certain scripts are attached to game object