Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.44f1, 2021.3.17f1, 2022.2.2f1, 2023.1.0a20
Error/crash when EditorWindow.Close() is called in EditorWindow.OnLostFocus()
1. Open the attached project “Test”
2. Open Example > Close() Example
3. Lose focus for “Close() Example” Window (click anywhere in the Editor)
Expected result: Custom Window is closed when it loses focus
Actual result: Editor crashes/error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.3.39f1, 2021.3.8f1, 2022.1.14f1, 2022.2.0b6, 2023.1.0a8
Reproducible on: Windows 10
Error “NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object” is thrown in 2020.3.39f1.
With 2021.3 - 2023.1 streams editor crashes.
First lines of the stack trace:
0x00007ff6c63fc6e8 (Unity) GUIView::ProcessInputEvent
0x00007ff6c69b3fdd (Unity) GUIView::DoPaint
0x00007ff6c69bd58c (Unity) GUIView::RepaintAll
0x00007ff6c652c063 (Unity) Application::TickTimer
0x00007ff6c6990c7a (Unity) MainMessageLoop
0x00007ff6c6995a64 (Unity) WinMain
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform