Search Issue Tracker
MissingReferenceException is thrown when editing script parameters of GameObjects dynamically Instantiated in a Coroutine
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open users attached project
2. Press Play
3. In Assets folder select "Drop" Prefab
4. Click Open Prefab in the Inspector window
5. Change the speed parameter and go back to normal Hierarchy window
Expected results: No errors are thrown after script parameter of the Prefab is edited during the Play mode
Actual results: After any parameter is edited in the script of the Prefab during Play mode, error will appear "MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Drop' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it." Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.3.0f2, 2019.1.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.16f1, 2018.2.18f1, 2018.3.0a5
Note: Improved Prefabs appeared in 2018.3.0a6. This error will only appear on Instantiated GameObject.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source