Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Error is thrown when converting a GlobalObjectId to an Object reference and the Object is in an unloaded Scene
1. Open the attached project ("GlobalIdBug22.1.0a13.zip")
2. Drag SceneA and SceneB_(To unload) to the Hierarchy window
3. Select GlobalIdBug under SceneA in the Hierarchy window
4. Open the context menu of the Script Component in the Inspector window and click "Get GlobalObjectId"
5. Unload SceneB_(To unload)
6. Select GlobalIdBug under SceneA in the Hierarchy window
7. Open the context menu of the Script Component in the Inspector window and click "Log GlobalObjectId"
8. Observe the Console window
Expected result: "GlobalObjectId is not found" is logged in the Console window
Actual result: "GlobalObjectId is not found" is logged in the Console window and an error is thrown:
Assertion failed on expression: 'manager != NULL'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2021.1.27f1, 2021.2.0b17, 2022.1.0a13
Notes: Removing SceneB_(To unload) and repeating step 7 will not throw the error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device