Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Error is thrown when converting a GlobalObjectId to an Object reference and the Object is in an unloaded Scene
1. Open the attached project ("GlobalIdBug22.1.0a13.zip")
2. Drag SceneA and SceneB_(To unload) to the Hierarchy window
3. Select GlobalIdBug under SceneA in the Hierarchy window
4. Open the context menu of the Script Component in the Inspector window and click "Get GlobalObjectId"
5. Unload SceneB_(To unload)
6. Select GlobalIdBug under SceneA in the Hierarchy window
7. Open the context menu of the Script Component in the Inspector window and click "Log GlobalObjectId"
8. Observe the Console window
Expected result: "GlobalObjectId is not found" is logged in the Console window
Actual result: "GlobalObjectId is not found" is logged in the Console window and an error is thrown:
Assertion failed on expression: 'manager != NULL'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2021.1.27f1, 2021.2.0b17, 2022.1.0a13
Notes: Removing SceneB_(To unload) and repeating step 7 will not throw the error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied