Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Error is thrown when converting a GlobalObjectId to an Object reference and the Object is in an unloaded Scene
1. Open the attached project ("GlobalIdBug22.1.0a13.zip")
2. Drag SceneA and SceneB_(To unload) to the Hierarchy window
3. Select GlobalIdBug under SceneA in the Hierarchy window
4. Open the context menu of the Script Component in the Inspector window and click "Get GlobalObjectId"
5. Unload SceneB_(To unload)
6. Select GlobalIdBug under SceneA in the Hierarchy window
7. Open the context menu of the Script Component in the Inspector window and click "Log GlobalObjectId"
8. Observe the Console window
Expected result: "GlobalObjectId is not found" is logged in the Console window
Actual result: "GlobalObjectId is not found" is logged in the Console window and an error is thrown:
Assertion failed on expression: 'manager != NULL'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2021.1.27f1, 2021.2.0b17, 2022.1.0a13
Notes: Removing SceneB_(To unload) and repeating step 7 will not throw the error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [WebGL] ExposedReference<Transform>.Resolve() is not generated correctly in WebGL
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions