Search Issue Tracker
Error is thrown after fixing the multiple same serialized fields issue in class inheritance hierarchy
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "New Unity Project (1).zip" and scene "Sample"
2. In Hierarchy window, select "Main Camera" (in Console window, "The name is serialized multiple times" error appears)
3. In Project window, open "ParentClass" script and comment out "[SerializeField] private int _value" line
4. Go back into Unity editor and observe Console window
Expected result: no errors appear
Actual result: in Console window, a misleading "The same field name is serialized multiple times in the class or its parent class" error appears
Reproducible with: 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b
Note: the error is thrown only once after coming back to the Editor
This particular case has been investigated thoroughly and we have decided, in the interests of protecting the stability and features of Unity for users that rely upon the affected versions, to not address this fix for the time being. We understand that this will cause problems for some users, and so may address in a future version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Prefab] Duplicating nested prefabs children does not maintain transform
- Modifying "Image.sprite" of an existing Image, deforms it
- [Timeline] Deleting an "Animation Track" that points to the same Animator, breaks Custom Track preview
- [HDRP] The Camera's Color buffer is no longer accessible in the VFX Graph
- Two incompatible components can be added to a GameObject when using the Prefab Mode