Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Enlighten] UV Charts visualization is not shown with multiple errors when opening through the Lightmap Preview window
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project RealtimeGIBug and SampleScene scene;
2. In the Preferences window (Edit>Preferences>GI Cache) click Clean Cache button;
3. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) click Generate Lighting button;
4. Wait until scene's realtime GI finishes baking;
5. In the Lighting window open Realtime Lightmaps tab and double-click on any lightmap thumbnail to open the Lightmap Preview window;
6. In the opened Lightmap preview window expand the dropdown list at the top right corner of the window and select UV Charts option.
UV Charts texture visualization is opened without errors in the Console.
UV Charts texture visualization is not opened and is stuck on loading. The following errors are shown in the Console:
- "Unknown file extension; template function should be specialized."
- "Failed reading from: '95/95cb3b26217c14cc23c2af213c38cfd6.unknown'."
- "'Runtime Texture' job failed with error code: 5 ('Failed creating texture data.')."
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0.
- Reproducible in 2022.1.0a3, 2021.2.0b5;
- Not reproducible in 2019.4.29f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots, 2020.3.15f1, 2021.1.16f1;
- Reproducible on Windows;
- Reproducible only in the Lightmap preview window; UV charts are shown as expected when opening the corresponding Scene view Editor visualization filter;
- Reproducible only for Realtime GI lightmaps, not reproducible for Baked GI lightmaps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform