Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Enlighten] UV Charts visualization is not shown with multiple errors when opening through the Lightmap Preview window
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project RealtimeGIBug and SampleScene scene;
2. In the Preferences window (Edit>Preferences>GI Cache) click Clean Cache button;
3. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) click Generate Lighting button;
4. Wait until scene's realtime GI finishes baking;
5. In the Lighting window open Realtime Lightmaps tab and double-click on any lightmap thumbnail to open the Lightmap Preview window;
6. In the opened Lightmap preview window expand the dropdown list at the top right corner of the window and select UV Charts option.
UV Charts texture visualization is opened without errors in the Console.
UV Charts texture visualization is not opened and is stuck on loading. The following errors are shown in the Console:
- "Unknown file extension; template function should be specialized."
- "Failed reading from: '95/95cb3b26217c14cc23c2af213c38cfd6.unknown'."
- "'Runtime Texture' job failed with error code: 5 ('Failed creating texture data.')."
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0.
- Reproducible in 2022.1.0a3, 2021.2.0b5;
- Not reproducible in 2019.4.29f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots, 2020.3.15f1, 2021.1.16f1;
- Reproducible on Windows;
- Reproducible only in the Lightmap preview window; UV charts are shown as expected when opening the corresponding Scene view Editor visualization filter;
- Reproducible only for Realtime GI lightmaps, not reproducible for Baked GI lightmaps.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project