Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.45f1, 2021.3.16f1, 2022.1.22f1, 2022.2.0b14, 2023.1.0a9
Enlighten RTGI ticks indefinitely after the emissive color of a renderer has been updated via animation
When animating the the emissive color of a renderer influencing RTGI, enlighten updates are scheduled every single frame, indefinitely, even after the animation has concluded.
This is caused by the animation system setting the emissive color each frame, which in turn ticks enlighten each frame. A proposed fix is to add a check for if the emissive color being setting is different from the one already present. This kind of change-check already exists for other kinds of animatable properties.
* Open sample scene
* Enter playmode
* Observe that the emissive cube changes color via animation
* Wait till the animation has finished
* Open the built in profiler and navigate to the Realtime GI section/module, select it
* Observe in the bottom view that pending material updates is not 0, as material updates are getting constantly scheduled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)