Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
EncodeToPNG stores grayscale image as RGB with the grayscale info in the blue channel when RFloat format is used
1. Open attached project "BrokenEncodeToPNGForRFloat.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. In Hierarchy window, select "Gradient" GameObject
4. In Inspector window, press "Save" and "Load" buttons
5. Observe Game View
Expected result: The two images are in grayscale
Actual result: The image on the left is rendered blue or cyan
Reproducible with: 2019.4.24f1, 2020.3.4f1, 2021.1.1f1, 2021.2.0a12
Could not test with: 2018.4.34f1 (console errors break project)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete