Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Enabled GenericMenu.allowDuplicateNames doesn't allow duplicates in submenus
1) Create new project
2) Create Editor folder and a script in there, use the code of first example here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/GenericMenu.AddItem.html
3) After the "GenericMenu menu = new GenericMenu();" add:
menu.allowDuplicateNames = true;
4) Duplicate "menu.AddItem(new GUIContent("MenuItem1"), false, Callback, "item 1");" and "menu.AddItem(new GUIContent("SubMenu/MenuItem3"), false, Callback, "item 3");" right under the corresponding originals
5) Open the newly made custom editor window
6) Right click in it to create the added context menu
Expected: Both duplicate entries are shown
Actual: Two MenuItem1 are shown, but only one MenuItem3
Reproduced in 2018.2.0b11, 2018.2.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode