Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Enabled GenericMenu.allowDuplicateNames doesn't allow duplicates in submenus
1) Create new project
2) Create Editor folder and a script in there, use the code of first example here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/GenericMenu.AddItem.html
3) After the "GenericMenu menu = new GenericMenu();" add:
menu.allowDuplicateNames = true;
4) Duplicate "menu.AddItem(new GUIContent("MenuItem1"), false, Callback, "item 1");" and "menu.AddItem(new GUIContent("SubMenu/MenuItem3"), false, Callback, "item 3");" right under the corresponding originals
5) Open the newly made custom editor window
6) Right click in it to create the added context menu
Expected: Both duplicate entries are shown
Actual: Two MenuItem1 are shown, but only one MenuItem3
Reproduced in 2018.2.0b11, 2018.2.9f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website